.

Friday, December 20, 2019

How Social Media Has Changed My Role As A Nursing Student...

In this assessment I will explore and examine; what it means to be a health professional in a global environment. Furthermore, I will demonstrate a range of literacies that inform health care and practice. I will also briefly describe how I currently use and engage with social media and technology as well as how my use of social media will change my role as a nursing student and future health care professional. I will be discussing guidelines and code of conducts created by various corporations. I will then finally conclude my findings by discussing my discoveries and understanding of the use of social media. In this assignment I will be examining secondary sources such as books, articles, peer reviewed journals, and textbooks. In this society, people are becoming too dependent on technology. I believe technology is a very important communication method for health care professionals. The downfall of technology is the fact that it is always upgrading or changing, meaning there is cons tant alterations within medical units. It has become clear that technology is fluctuating how the health professionals communicate to one another and associate with their clients (Benedikt Ley, Corinna Ogonowski, Jes Hess, Time Reichling, Lin Wan Volker Wulf, 2013, p. 1). Being a health care professional means as an individual and by the rules of the Stripling Model of inquiry, your expectations are to provide purpose and meaning to everyday life and care, performing by both ethic andShow MoreRelatedAssessment Of Reflective Report On The Health Of A University Nursing Student And A Future Registered Nurse1260 Words   |  6 PagesThis paper will outline what it means to be a health professional in a global environment and to demonstrate health care practise. It will also inform what the responsibilities as a University Nursing Student and a future Registered Nurse (RN) interaction with social media. Dr Lynette Cusack RN, from the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, positions social media as; â€Å"Individuals and organisations are embracing user-generated content, such as social networking, personal websites, discussion forumsRead MoreReflections in Nursing3087 Words   |  13 PagesRunning Head: SANTOS A Reflection Paper on Various Nursing Roles NU420 Trends in Nursing College of Nursing and Health Sciences A Reflection Paper on Various Nursing Roles Introduction As an individual reaches the stage where they come to a decision about what they want to be in life, they must look deep inside themselves. They have to reflect on what is important to them and what makes them happy. In addition, one must take into consideration the resources that are available to help theRead MoreKnowledge, Attitudes And Cultural Competence Of Caring For Lgbt Community3089 Words   |  13 PagesLGBT Community Submitted by: Bhakti Amin ID Number: 4209426 Presented to: Professor Dustin Gibson July 30, 2015 NURS1258 Professional Growth Assumptions before I Watched Documentary Before I watched the â€Å"Bridegroom† documentary released in 2013, my assumptions for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Questioning are sex orientation (LGBTQ) community were not clear how the world view them. I was thinking that even though many people have negative attitude in compare to positive attitudeRead MoreThe Importance Of Respect As A Registered Nurse2128 Words   |  9 Pagesperson I am today. Working in the healthcare system as a Registered Nurse, I have changed my belief about respect I believe respect should be given to everyone regardless if I think they have deserved it. I must admit, I can be quick to judge sometimes, but I feel as though knowing I have these flaws is something I am willing to challenge myself to strive for better. I believe that respect is very important in every social structure, especially when working with Indigenous people and their communitiesRead MoreThe Management Of Nurses Inu.s Hospitals2880 Words   |  12 PagesI. Intro duction In regards to Health Care Organizations, I focused on the western medical culture, more specifically the management of nurses in U.S hospitals. I have sustained a passion about nursing for the majority of my life and as years have passed, I always thought that nurses had sole responsibility for their workload and the success of their medical unit. After close research, it has come to my attention that managers have a significant influence on the quality of service that a nurse providesRead MoreNursing Essay41677 Words   |  167 PagesThe Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health http://www.nap.edu/catalog/12956.html Committee on the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative on the Future of Nursing, at the Institute of Medicine PREPUBLICATION COPY: UNCORRECTED PROOFS Copyright  © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved. The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health http://www.nap.edu/catalog/12956.html THE NATIONAL ACADEMIES PRESS 500 Fifth Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20001 Read MoreThe Advent Of The Information Technology Age1788 Words   |  8 Pagesinformation technology age has changed how everyone does business. From the start to the finish, from the hiring to the creation and delivery of the products and services-information technology and social media has become an integral part of how people make their companies function. Telecommuting, storing of information in virtual storage areas called â€Å"clouds,† and the ever-present sharing of ideas and information and transactions between people and companies have changed the way futures are built and professionsRead MoreHealth and Social Care Essay14559 Words   |  59 PagesR/602/2954 Understand Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings Workbook for Employment Rights and Responsibilities The Workbook Purpose – The purpose of the workbook is to support you the learner in gathering and recording evidence towards your LAO Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings. Content – ThisRead More‚Äà ºa Contemporary View on Health Care System in Bangladesh.‚Äà ¹14806 Words   |  60 PagesContemporary view on Health Care System in Bangladesh’’ is the outcome of Internship Program which is a precondition for acquiring MBA Degree. Only curriculum activities are not enough for handling the real business environment, so it is necessary to get the better knowledge about the real scenario. The report is a requirement of the internship program for my MBA Degree. Conduction of Internship/ Dissertation started on 20th December 2009 and ended on 12th February 2010. My internship supervisorRead More Lifespan reflective paper6038 Words   |  25 Pagespaper is to present a comparison of my knowledge and understanding of lifespan development at the outset of course PSY 7210 Lifespan Development and at the courses’ end. In this paper I will explore lifespan development by identifying and discussing the stages of de velopment, theoretical perspectives and research related to lifespan development. I will conclude with discussing how my knowledge and understanding of lifespan development can be applied within my specialization of Industrial-Organizational

No comments:

Post a Comment